EMRE ECZA is an establishment of TOPALfamily as a part of our over 50 years business experience. The beginning of our activities goes back to 1965 when Dr.Mustafa Topal has established his first business and to 1970 when Ecz.Perihan Topal has established her company Ecz.Perihan Topal Import Export Representation. In 1966, import of special medicines from Dr.Anna Arslan clinics in Romania and import of medical equipments from U.S.S.R. has begun. Dr.Mustafa Topal has recognized the primary health care services importance during his trips to Eastern Europe countries in 1960s and found that primary health care products are high quality and at affordable prices. Based on his searches, he established cooperation with Institute of Immunology and Virology Torlak, Belgrade – Serbia, Institute of Immunology Inc, Zagreb – Croatia and V/O Medexport – Russia and begun sales of their vaccines and antisera in Turkey.
- Oral Polio Vaccine produced by Institute of Immunology and Virology Torlak – Serbia entered Turkish market through tenders of Turkish Ministry of Health. This cooperation which lasted about 40 years has ended as Torlak stopped production in the early 2000s.
- Tetanus Vaccine, Diphtaheria-Tetanus Vaccine, Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis Vaccine and Measles Vaccine procured through Medexport - U.S.S.R. entered Turkish market through tenders of Turkish Ministry of Health. This cooperation has lasted upto 1984 till U.S.S.R. has finished as the contacts with manufacturers are cut.
1980 - 1990
- Keymen Ecza Depoculuk ve Ticaret Ltd. Şti. - Ankara has established for the import of pharmaceutical raw materials and local sales and distribution of medicines. Company begin to supply API from U.S.S.R., China, Hungary and Yugoslavia to many local pharmaceuticals manufacturers. Further local drug wholesaling activities reached almost all over Turkey. The drug wholesaling activities are finished in 1985. Company has renamed as Keymen İlaç Sanayi ve Ticaret Ltd. Şti. in 2006 based on the increasing activities in pharma filed and then reorganized as incorporation in 2013. The partnership of TOPAL family in Keymen İlaç Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. ended in 2016 and company continue its activies especially in vaccines under the ownership of new partners.
- We focused on further cooperation with companies in China and begin to import pharmaceutical raw materials, medical equipments and light industry products. The first import of Chinese medical temperatures and microscopes which are widely used in Turkey has been realised by us.
- Cooperation with Serum Institute of India Ltd, Pune – India has begun and Keymen İlaç Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. continues this cooperation successfully which is over 25 years.
- Tetanus Vaccine, Diphtaheria-Tetanus Vaccine and Diphtheria-Tetanus-Pertussis Vaccine produced by Serum Institute of India Ltd entered Turkish market through tenders of Turkish Ministry of Health.
- Cooperation with BB-NCIPD Ltd, Sofia – Bulgaria ( formerly National Center of Infectious and Parasitic Diseases ) has begun and PPD Test Tuberculin has entered Turkish market through Ministry of Health tenders.
- Cooperation with Laboratoires SERB S.A., Paris – Franca has begun and CONTRATHION %2 flakon ( pralidoxime methylsulphate ) has entered Turkish market as our first antidote medicine in Turkey. Our cooperation with SERB continues succesffully with an increased range of medicines both in antidote and other theurapatic fileds.
- Measles Vaccine for Measles Elimination Program of Turkey has been supplied in full quantity by Serum Institute of India Ltd.
- Cooperation on cold chain products has been established with AOV International, Noida – India for vaccine carriers and with Berlinger & Co AG, Ganterschwil – Switzerland for temperature monitoring devices. Fridge-tag2 temperature monitoring device for cold chain surveilance of vaccines is in usage by all primary health care centers all over Turkey. Sales of Fridge-tag2 is done by our local distributors.
- Tomed Ticaret Limited, Nicosia – TRNC was established for our international business actrivities and managed succesful operations until the end of 2015. It is closed by 2016.
- Emre Ecza Depoculuk Ticaret Ltd. Şti. - Ankara as established as a part of increasing operations in pharma field.
- Recombinant Hepatitis B Vaccine produced by CIGB - Heber Biotec Ltd, Havana – Cuba has entered Turkish market through Ministry of Health tender.
- Our paid capital is increased to 1.000.000.- TL.
- Cooperation with P.T.Bio Pharma, Bandung - Indonesia has begun and Keymen İlaç Sanayi ve Ticaret A.Ş. continues this cooperation successfully which is over 10 years. Oral Polio Vaccine produced by P.T.Bio Farma, Bandung – Indonesia has entered Turkish market through Ministry of Health tenders.
- We transferred the MA of MYSOLINE tablet ( primidone ) from Astra Zeneca İlaç Sanayi ve Ticaret Ltd. Şti. To Keymen İlaç first and then to our company in 2018. MYSOLINE tablet ( primidone ) is a registered product of our company in Turkey under license by SERB and produced at a CMO in Turkey.
- Cooperation with Rich Pharma, Bakü – Azerbaican has begun for the export of our OCTAMAR fish oil and multivitamine syrup. Our cooperation continues successfully both for Azrebaican and Georgia.
- Cooperation with Sinovac Biotech Co. Ltd., Beijing – China has begun under the agreements with Keymen İlaç. The local filling of inactivated Hepatitis A Vaccine was done in 2014 successfully and contacts with Turkish Ministry of Health is still ongoing for fully local production under tech-transfer agreements through a long term purchase guarantee tender.
- Cooperation with SK Biosciences Ltd ( formerly SK Chemicals ), Seoul – Korea has begun and joint studies for the local vaccine production is under negotiation.
- We established a joint study between Keymen İlaç – Hacettepe University for the establishment of a Vaccine R&D Laboratory for the tech-transfer of recombinant Hepatitis B Vaccine with the support of Techinvention Healthcare Ltd, Mumbai – India. The local production is realized with 2 years as per the agreement and we managed the first local production of recombinant Hepatitis B Vaccine in Turkey.
- Cooperation has begun with GM-BAY Sağlık – İstanbul for the local sales and marketing activities of our registered medicines and food supplements. Our cooperation continues successfully.
- Our company become a member of İKMİB İstanbul Chemicals and Chemical Products’ Exporters Association.
- Under the reorganization of our commercial activities in pharma field, our company renamed as "EMRE ECZA İLAÇ AŞI SANAYİ TİCARET VE DANIŞMANLIK LTD. ŞTİ.". We finished local drug wholesaling studies.
- Cooperation has begun with SPb-NIIVS, St.Petersburg – Russia and we realized the local filling of travalent Influenza Vaccine at a local CMO namely as Mefar İlaç in İstanbul. The first Influenza Vaccine produced in Turkey was exported to Latin American countries totally about 1.million doses in 2018 and used in south hemisphere safely.
- Our company has been elected to Audit Board of SÜRDER Sağlık Ürünleri Derneği ( Health Products Association )
- Our cooperation with Kora Healthcare Ltd, Dublin – Ireland has begun and IMUNOVIR tablet ( inosine prabonex ) entered Turkish market.
- Our company has been elected to as TİM Delegate of İKMİB İstanbul Kimyevi Maddeler ve Mamülleri İhracatçıları Birliği ( Istanbul Chemicals and Chemical Products Exporters Association ).
- We give consultation services to Boğaziçi Üniversity Life Sciences and Technologies Research Center.
- Our company become a member of İSEK – İstanbul Sağlık Endüstrisi Kümelenmesi ( Istanbul Health Industries Cluster ).
- GMP audit and certification of vaccine production facilities of SK Bioscience has been finalized successfully.
- Our company has been elected to Audit Board of İSEK – İstanbul Sağlık Endüstrisi Kümelenmesi ( Istanbul Health Industries Cluster ).
- Our company has been re-elected to Audit Board of SÜRDER - Sağlık Ürünleri Derneği ( Health Products Association ).
- We have participated with our booth to MEDICA Dusseldorf exhibition with our export partner Merkez İlaç.